As you probably well know WebDriver is picky when it comes to browser versions. You will have one version of Firefox installed but WebDriver wants another to execute. There is no google-obvious way to tell JMeter/WebDriver to pick a specific EXE. So here goes how that is done:
- Download the version of Firefox that you need here.
- Right-click on the EXE and “open archive” with a compression program.
- Copy the content of the core folder to where you want to have it installed (in this example C:\<path>\firefox_47.0).
- Start Firefox and type about:preferences#advanced<enter> in the address bar.
- Under Advanced, Select Update. Check the settings.
- Turn off installing of updates.
- Now start JMeter from the command line with: jmeter.bat -Dwebdriver.firefox.bin=C:\<path>\Firefox_47.0\firefox.exe
If you now start your WebDriver JMX it will choose the specific Firefox version.