Now this one is a bit out there but maybe you’ll need this someday.
Sometimes clever developers put XML into table fields as BLOB or CLOB (well actually it’s a special BLOB just for XML so standard SQL won’t quite work as expected). Not sure why one would do that but not my place to comment. Anyway it’s a real pain if your holy grail is burried somewhere in that XML.So after some serious googling and trial and error I finally managed to do this in Groovy.
Continue reading →
The second KWST or Kiwi Workshop on Software Testing with be held on the 15th and 16th of June 2012, Wellington, New Zealand. KWST is modelled on the LAWST style peer conferences and is the only testing peer conference in New Zealand. There are a number of things that make this conference unique:-
- It is an invite only conference – we are looking for industry thought leaders
- James Bach will again be back as content owner and helping grow the core of professional test leadership in New Zealand
- Some of the brightest, insightful test thinkers down under will be there
- Unlike any other conference held here, this is a CONFERence where ALL participants participate!
- The theme is Ethical challenges faced by testers which is relevant considering the prevalence of dubious practices and certifications in our industry
The twitter hash tag will be KWST2 and we will be tweeting all of the great thoughts and ideas that will flow from this conference. See http://bjosman.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/kwst-kiwi-workshop-on-software-testing/ and http://bjosman.wordpress.com/2011/07/08/kwst-kiwi-workshop-of-software-testing-day-2/ for details of last years event.